UA College of Medicine is undergoing a curriculum renovation process and many faculty are assisting the admnistration in this process.
To help in the transition, FID will provide support for Block Directors and their faculty with resources, workshops and one-on-one coaching aimed at including active learning strategies and integrating technology to enhance the teaching/learning experience.
Below are a few guides to get you started!
Please contact Karen Spear Ellinwood, PhD, JD, EdS, Director, Instructional Development, to schedule a meeting to discuss how she can assist you and your faculty.
Formative Assessments for Teaching
- Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs) as Active Learning Strategies - An Overview
- CAT Samples
- Active Learning Strategies - a Haiku Deck
- Flipping the Session!
Planning Tools For Block Directors
- Block Needs Assessment to identify instructional support needs for the block
- ISNA: Observation Tool for Documenting Block Directors' ongoing observations throughout the block
- ISNA Guide for Block Directors
- Teaching Goals Inventory - A tool for reviewing the fit between preferred block goals and course learning objectives
Thomas A. Angelo and K. Patricia Cross. Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers, Jossey-Bass Publishers:San Francisco, CA; 2005.